My specialty - Chicken Noodle stirfry!


(Love my lobster plate?)

I had originally started with this recipe from canadian living. But I have tweaked it a bit. 
 Ok so basically you take 2 Chicken breasts, cut them up into bite size pieces. Marinate them for about 10-15 minutes in the following marinade:
 
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1-2 tbsps of Sesame oil (you can use more or less, i love sesame oil!)
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced 

Use a large pan or wok and heat up about a tbsp of peanut oil.  *note.. this recipes is not for those with peanut allergies*

Stir fry the chicken until the juices run clear, about 5 minutes. You want to use a hot hot pan to stir fry. Once the chicken is cooked add the following veggies:

1 Red pepper sliced thin
1lb of Baby Bok choy ( i rinse them then cut the bottoms off)
1 clove of garlic minced

Add the above the chicken and stif fry for another 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a Plate and set aside. Keep the Pan hot and add:

2 packages of noodles (mr noodles).. use just the noodles, throw away the packages of seasoning
2 cups water

Bring the noodles and water to a boil in your pan/wok and put a lid on. Once the water is evaporated and the noodles are cooked add the chicken and veggie mixture. Now here is where you can add 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce.. OR you can use this awesome sauce I googled when I didn't have hoisin sauce:

5 tbsps soy sauce
3 tbsp peanut butter smooth
2 tsp sesame oil
1 1/2 tbsp of honey
2 tsp hot sauce (i use srichi sp?)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
dash of pepper
(the original recipe can be found here )

What I do is put all of the above ingredients into my Magic bullet and blend until mixed and smooth. I then add this to the noodle chicken mixture. 
I didn't think peanut butter and bok choy and chicken could taste this good! We love this at our house!!

.

 


Comments

Popular Posts