Popsicle Crayons!

As a Mom of a Toddler I have lots of crayons in the house, which my son loves to dump all over the ground and then break them..or I step on them and break them.
Well that was annoying.. so I had a brilliant idea.. why don't I turn them into GIANT crayons! Well I did :-) After some googling I figured out how to do it.

Firstly I peeled the crayons and separated them into colours. Then I chopped them into small pieces. BE CAREFUL.. I sliced 2 of my fingertips trying to use a knife to peel the wrappers of the crayons. OUCHIES!





























I found the perfect mold at the Dollar store, rocket popsicle molds.. so perfect! At first I thought that i could place the crayon pieces into the molds and then microwave them. This did not work.. they would not melt! I tried like 5 minutes in the mic and nothing.. I think I almost melted the molds.. so on to plan B.
I place a glass jar (an old peach jar) into a bot of simmering water, then I placed all of one colour into the jar. They melted pretty quickly.
















Once the crayons were melted I poured them into the molds and then placed them straight into the freezer for about 20 minutes.
















Once they are set give them a *gentle* tap and they should pop out. This is my end result! I spent a good part of the day experiment with colours. I'm very pleased with them!







Comments

Popular Posts