Best pumpkin pie ever!



This is the pumpkin pie of my childhood! Every thanksgiving and sometimes Christmas we would have this! topped with a delicious blob of whipped cream!

To start you will need 2 deep dish pie crusts, or if you want to make your own like me enough dough for 2 crusts. I am a beginner pastry maker! but I found this recipes is easy and works well.

Crisco shortening double pie crust

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup shortening
5 tablespoons cold water (I use as much as I need until I get a good rolling consistency)


Pumpkin Pie

3 cups pumpkin pure
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
6 eggs beaten 
12 oz evaporated milk
2 1/2 cup milk
2 pie shells (or possibly 3)

Mix together pumpkin pure, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. in a separate bowl mix together the eggs, evaporated milk and milk. Add milk mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix together until combined. Pour mixture into pie shells. Bake at 400 for 1 hour. Serve warm.

a few days late ... Happy thanksgiving! and enjoy every bite of pie :-)



The kiddos amusing themselves while I make pie...







Comments

Popular Posts